- Tiny House Nation
- Rain Bench tips & tricks
- retrofit: Rain Collecting Cap
- Cedar Rain Bench update
- the natural way to harvest rain...
- creative outdoor living designs
- Self watering square foot garden130 gallon rainwater reservoir automatically waters your garden from below, fills from rain
- the WaterShedA garden shed with rainwater storage built into the walls
Acts like a rain barrel, looks like a bench. What can a Rain Bench do for you?
- Build 2 Cedar 300 gallon rain benches this weekend, fill ‘em up with the next 1” of rain,*
- Water a 10’x10′ garden for 2 months (2 benches, 600 gallons)*
- Sit back and relax on your new, beautiful outdoor seating that your city paid for…*
*numbers above are for a 40′ x 50′ house with 2 rain benches, shown below, watering the garden 1″ per week (recommended). …and yes, some government incentives will pay for this!
How do you build one? Watch Scott build this Cedar Rain Bench…
Click here to learn more or to purchase a Cedar Rain Bench liner kit (as seen on Tiny House Nation)
Start a movement in your neighborhood
… and when one barrel just isn’t enough
(turn DOWN your sound if you’re trying to be discrete!)
Nothing against rain barrels, they’re just not as easy to sit on…
“Wait a minute,” you say,”Why harvest rainwater?
1. it’s free. Use as much of it as you want. (unless it’s illegal, then make sure it’s well hidden Did I type that out loud?
2. it’s easy.
3. your city or county will probably pay you to do it.
4. if your well pump or public supply is lost, you still have water.
5. it’s soft, good for washing and appliances (with filtration)
Sienna loves rainwater. For washing, drinking, rolling and splashing in…
6. Plants grow better with rainwater. Way better.
Just a few things to keep in mind:
- Place your reservoir far away from the house and bottom fill it.
- Use care when storing rainwater on a deck. It must be strong enough to hold a hot tub; water weighs a lot!
- Take advantage of incentives and rebates NOW to get paid back for your DIY bench!
So after about 6 years of testing, perfecting and proving our DIY Rain Bench® kits, we are updating this site and adding a plethora of new designs in winter/spring 2015, so check back in, and feel free to mosey around a bit. Give us a call or email (contact page) if you have any questions at all…